Friday, September 30, 2005

friday fiasco

I don't have the guts to face the class after our horrid presentation. I just came out of my Poli Sci class short of crying. It's beyond horrible really. It was a lame puppet show by college students. Que horror. Cringe fest! We procrastinated, yes, but I can't believe it was that bad. I was holding every tidbit of emotion a while back. But not now that I'm in Faura Lab, I can spill every drop of puke I've been holding back. I'm going to obsess about the grand fiasco.

I don't feel that bad. Dianne, on the other hand though, suffered a paroxysm of resentment and mortification. I think she's aiming for an A. I do too but I'm okay with a B or a B+-. Please get me a B+. We figured it best not have classes with our Poli Sci classmates next semester. "Oh you were in that group with the puppets." No, we don't want that!

I feel bad about disappointing our teacher. She seemed genuinely interested in our presentation initially. Also, most people in the group have an A or B+ standing. She was expecting something brilliant from us. I feel like I could have done better to prove myself.

Yes, I still feel good ending this week. I couldn't pull everything off quite brilliantly though because there were a lot to do! Yes, I could've scheduled every moment but - oh okay - why didn't I? Our Theo presentation yesterday went a little better than the one I had this morning. It's still a bad one though. Damn the audio system in SS AVR! Despite these, I had fun in with my group mates for both Poli Sci and Theo.

...

Now, on with the good news!

Parentals will be home for some weeks. I think they're preparing everything before my sister gets to fly to Canada next week. They will miss her definitely. Even Manang told me she'll miss my sister despite her.. oh well. Regardless of our open war, I think I'll be missing her contribution to the burgeoning noise pollution care of our neighbors.

I'll be prepare living alone for some five years. Well, make it forever. We'll see about independence. I will get to cook for myself, wash the clothes, clean the house, etc. I feel like growing up again. That won't happen right away though. And I'm okay with the prevailing state of things.

I'd love to try independence. I really have a lot of catching-up to do with fellow kids in that aspect of maturity. I'd like to try living alone. I want to live, experience everything I haven't done before. I want to learn about life the way my mother and father did, maybe even more than they did.

No comments: