Sunday, September 25, 2005

saturday means school

As the title says, I spent yesterday in school. It was all group work the whole day. I had to meet my POS group mates in the morning and my Theo group in the afternoon. All in all, I think I only got an hour to eat my lunch. Luckily, Cez entertained me for an entire hour. Otherwise, I would have had to eat in total silence and solitude. My groups for both subjects were not the serious type so I really enjoyed working with them.

The morning Poli Sci meeting was fun. Aside from the laughter-inducing remarks on our everyday college life, we got to talk about how we were supposed to present our report, creatively. Our ideas went from wearing Muslim attire to mimicking the Abu Sayaff to presenting a sort of Oprah show. Our teacher assigned Muslim Succession (Philippine context) as our topic.

The first idea was an exhibit. We thought about showing pictures in different booths then explaining them. We thought it would be brilliant to pose as statues per booth too when we get to explain it. One of us would be animated to report everything about the pictures. I actually like the idea of pretending to be terrorists, brandishing M16 and holding it to my teacher's head. We thought about mimicking gunfire as the class enters the dark room, then all of a sudden we're holding or dragging our teacher to the podium for everyone to see. All that before we get on with the actual report.

Fine. Writing about them is so NOT funny. I wonder why we laughed so hard about those ideas. It's the third that I like most. One of us would be impersonating Oprah or our local Kris Aquino. Her guests would be Nur Missuarri and Hashim Salamat. Then they would be responsible for discussing details of our report. I think we agreed on what to do, I just forgot what it was.

Then there's lunch. We were supposed to do a sort of soap opera to present our short story. We had to film in short. I was getting quite panicky about not having the script to be used later in the afternoon. Luckily, my group mates were not that mad seeing that I didn't have the script. Hubert, who I confuse with Aubert all the time, and I wrote everything down. It was really cool seeing group mates having fun filming the short story despite the rain and general fatigue. We failed to finish all the scenes yesterday. We got to shoot 5 out of 7 scenes. I hope Rosana would be satisfied. It was a story about commitment.

I was expecting a get-together with Ka and Ken again but I figured to just get home and rest. It turned out that Ken was tired too and Ka was grounded. I got home around 7 and found my sister all dressed up. She was about to leave for a reunion with her high school friends. I was rather all happy about having the house for myself yesterday. It was all quiet. I dozed off in no time.

No comments: