Saturday, October 01, 2005

panicky morning

Just when I thought this week's horror is finally over after yesterday's mayhem, my partner in a project due on Monday got sick. And he told me just minutes ago! He told me the doctors think he contracted Dengue. I'm not blaming him of course, I blame myself and the mosquitoes! Damn the blood suckers! Damn it! I could have gone with him to the company yesterday but he wouldn't let me. He said he's the only one allowed in the company because it was his sister who's employed there.

I couldn't help but blame myself for not being too convivial enough to get a group before last week. Ugh, the world hates me and I can feel its loathsome stare at this very instant.

Luckily though I have tons of chocolates to comfort me, care of mother and father. I got to eat a box this morning instead of eating a proper breakfast. Nope, it's not a lot. The box only has five pieces wrapped in a gold and silver aluminum foil. It's really ridiculous to see such ornately designed sweets. I mean people are concerned with the taste not with how it's wrapped. And, the box is large enough to contain 15 pieces of the same kind.

The world is insane that's why it hates me.

Moving on, Om invited me to judge a talent show organized by their org yesterday. He actually asked me Tuesday before that. I got carried away and agreed on it. The succeeding days got me thinking about the qualifications to be a judge. I only have had too small experience on such things. I was convinced I could do it because he had too much confidence in me. I, on the other hand, had too little. So I refused to go. I excused myself by saying that I had to e-mail a project stuff to my partner. It was true of course. Nonetheless, I could have gone if I really wanted to.

I'll probably start with some Philo readings today. I'll get to finish at least two books by tomorrow. Then the Theo thesis statements, then the set of exercise for Supply Chain. The panopticon is reinforced and I'm so motivated today.

I hope things would get better soon. I'm running out of chocolates.

No comments: