Friday, October 21, 2005

obviously i'm bored

I know this would sound something directly pulled out of my Ethics notes. But I also know this would really describe the phenomenon of blogging.

It's about Foucault's way of expanding freedom by writing essays. More than expanding the framework to which we appropriate our thoughts, writing (blogging) here seems to legitimize that framework. This is exactly why people tend to use their blogs as channel for catharsis. And emotions are but reactions based on built-in constructs (notions) of the world engraved deep in our consciousness. In short, there's only a few people around the blogosphere who really writes essays. I mean real essays. Ergo, no one really grows in this kind of environment. People only justify - by mere description - what they think about the events in their lives.

That's really sad. My first motivation for writing is to find ways to grow. Well, more than overcoming my fear of exposure and acquiring more err.. confidence, I thought about expanding my own "framework" so that I'll be more "wise" in a sense. But I have been doing the exact opposite! It's not that this is bad, it's just that all of my entries have been about how I feel and think about stuff. They were never not about understanding the motivations for having those thoughts or feelings. I haven't been writing real essays.

But of course you can contradict me; that blogging itself is not about such, that it's just about plain doodle of whatever peeps want to write about. Hell, that's exactly what I've been describing. This blogging phenomenon is exactly "whatever" (i.e. nonsense). Save for some few, most peeps write about whatever, which is their thoughts and feelings plainly written, not understood. Hell, we don't even write about issues in politics or any other social stuff. Then again, this is democracy after all.

...

Well, read the title of this entry. I haven't been doing stuff these past few days. And it's only two days into this sem-break. I failed to wake up 600 in the morning to jog in 2 days. Neither have I started on the books I scheduled to read. The only thing I look forward to is the weekends with my high school friends. Oh, and later, Corpse Bride! I'm also thinking about buying a PC game to fill the total ennui the succeeding days have for in store me. Any ideas?

And, I'm doing it again. Vanity, the curse of blogging.

2 comments:

HaNNaH auDrey said...

kaw naman! don't be too serious in life! live a little, laugh a little! Sus na challenge mata ko ah, font size 2 yata yan eh heheheh.. but u've got depth man! Assuuuss! If i know ni-plagiarize mo lng yan from somewhere anu???

hehe kidding... nasa kulit mode kc ako.. im just so bored ryt now... hehe

nice blog by the way ;)

Eric said...

Hehe! Thanks. D ako serious, bored lang.