Tuesday, November 01, 2005

samhain

It's the time of the year again. I remember way back in early high school when I was trying so hard to comprehend witchcraft, as in the stupendous theories on how it works and its how-to's. I remember buying tons of books even online. This eventually led me to studying quite a bit about the occult and new age movement in general, from the Lemegenton to the Kabbalah to Wicca.

I've probably wasted 2 years of my high school life reading about these bizare and probably useless stuff. I feel that I could have used those times studying literature or any other useful stuff academically. Then again, it was fun reading ludicrous spells, enchantments, charms, and what-not's.

Anyway, why do I always have to drag to this blog all my residual feelings of resentment? It's always either about dragging the past to center stage or rightfully claiming that I'm moving forward. Why's that? Haha!

Okay. I've change my mind. It was sort of a blessing that I got to study the occult - well, it's not exactly "occult" these days. It lead me to study philosophies behind beliefs. Witchcraft and all those new age stuff are after all beliefs. Maybe I did feel a bit smarter after reading about them.

If you've read any of these stuff, you'll notice that some traditions point to mysticism in certain religions and philosophies of the Greeks, before Christians came into the scheme of things. Those were the things I eventually got interested in. Then came The Solitaire Mystery. A glassful of fizzy drink anyone? Then college Philo.

...

I do have another important thing to write about. It's about the "dinner" I had yesterday with my high school friends that turned out a bit sad. It was the usual four again: Me, Ken, Nes, and Ka. Everyone else was doing something more important? Ugh, what could be more important than us? Like having your routine trip to the salon? It was unfair San that you chose your routine "beautification" over your friends! Hehe! Just kidding! The four of us had fun regardless of of the rest's abaence. I swear I can talk to these guys for an hours. And yes we spent six hours planning reunions, criticizing movies, and the usual non-sense. It was really relaxing to be with them. I really regret that I only have a handful of people in college I can be comfortable with.

On other news, I've been having a hard time doing the evaluation for my flockies (read: Celadon thingy). I wasn't able to talk my flock the last month or last sem! Now, I'm having trouble evaluating them. Hell, I don't even know the projects they joined. And (!) The evaluation document is a bit confusing. Tt needs serious revisions for next year. This is panoptical torture! And, it goes both ways. Anyway, I'm excited about the bands performing for the Christmas party! This project should be exciting.

2 comments:

kcreol said...

ayan po..nag-comment na ko..ang haba mo naman magsulat! sabagay ganyan ako dati..pero hindi kasing lalim ng mga pinaglalalagay mo..dko maintindihan minsan -- kasi tamad akong tumingin sa dictionary haha!

Eric said...

Wahahaha! k! Malabo yata talaga ako magsulat! Thanks! Comments assure me that I am present. Wahaha!