Wednesday, November 16, 2005

almost bbye college

It's the last stretch of my college life. It's a bit depressing. I've spent some 17 years in school. And now I'm preparing for the so-called "real" world. Yes, we're supposed to be living in a kind of bubble right now that will burst soon.

Teachers seem promising this semester. All courses seem quite challenging actually. I don't want to jump into conclusion, but this sem seems to offer a real studying, fit for an ending of my college career. I'm hoping for the best since this is the last stretch. I really want to learn. Classmates seem to be nice too. I know a number of peeps from all of my classes. I got to be classmates with a number of them during the previous sems.

I don't have the usual tons of readings yet so I opted to blog. So here I am. I'm thinking of writing down notes here actually. Maybe when I get to try thinking about lectures regularly I'd get, more or less, an entire course. All of my subjects, excluding the one non-core and required course, seems interesting enough for me to do this kind of thing. Heh, a plan once again. Maybe this time I'll push through with this.

...

It still fascinates me how Mr. de Jesus fluently details essays, especially Gabriel Marcel's. I didn't notice the transition of the type of reflection from first to second paragraph, and the idea of not having value because of chance being the ultimate player in the world. I thought it was death that makes everything else worthless. Eventually - this is a guess 'coz we haven't discussed this part yet - the image of death makes freedom an essential ingredient in being in the world. We also have a Hemmingway story for next lecture, "A Clean and Well-Lighted Place". We've read that in Philo 102 but I still don't understand it fully.

Ok, another random lecture point. Evangelization must include both preaching about spiritual and worldly salvation and freedom. Liberation theology yun. I totally agree though. And I totally get it right away the first time the teacher talked about it. That's one of my weakest points. Tt's always about agreeing to something in order to learn it. Argh. Anyway, to do this, the Christian must participate in the world because it is through this that he can proclaim God's offer of salvation to mankind.

No comments: