Friday, July 15, 2005

a review of this week

I just got out of our "exciting" MIS131. Really, Am I the only one who laments his tasteless jokes? To be fair, he's more than the average CS teacher. We'll give him credits for that. Lessons are okay too and I'm not being sarcastic about that.

I'm in Faura lab right now, burning some 30 minutes. By 1230, I'll be eating. I'll have a case study later with Romps. It's for our Supply Chain Mgt. class, then practice with Celadon dance troupe. Then some more later, I'll have some 50 pages to read for my Ethics class.

Life's exciting especially when you share it with "nice" people. School's great. I wrote something like this yesterday in my PM class. "I wrote I don't hate school, I hate the people." I regretted writing it immediately afterward. I was actually wearing a smile, a genuine one, after the PM class. I just tend to hate people. But I also realize I'm being a hypocrite and unjust. I mean, I enjoy most of the peep's company anyway.

...

On other news, I didn't pass the CADS audition last Monday. Everything was fucked-up. I was a mess. I didn't know that the last day for auditions was that that day- the day I applied. I was wearing jeans. It was difficult to move.

I freaked out even before the actual audition. I was with Sarah who was all dressed up to dance. I was actually confident before our audition slot. I was actually doing great with my moves. But, when we were called in the audition room, I totally lost it. There was about 7-8 judges on a panel sneering at us. Then I froze. The song began and I was still petrified. I knew right away that I wouldn't get in. Got some catharsis going on behind the chapel after my audition. That was my last chance.

I still feel a bit sad about that. I knew I could've danced for real. But I'm better now. I was actually a bit surprised with myself braving the auditions. I've changed. A lot. I don't fear too often these things these days. Sarah got in. I still don't know about her second audition though. And I'm really happy for her. We actually talked each other to audition for this year's sometime last year. She told me, "Pangarap natin 'to". I think I'd be looking for a dance company right after graduation, I'm not yet giving up the talent I know I have. No use drowning in details of my failure right now. I'll have to do what I can with what I have where I am.

...

We'll be having a planting activity tomorrow 6 am. I still don't know much about the virtues my groupmates have. You got that right, we're supposed to think that we are a city where "virtues are being practiced". Yes, it sounds like a high school paper. Our 15-page paper should also be Aristotelian, mimicking the way he wrote about the Athenian virtues. I'm still clueless to say the least. Most of my entries in the log book just describe the group thing that happened for each day. And believe it or not we're supposed to footnote ourselves using the logbook. I haven't written a single entry since Monday. It's stupid but I'll be doing that later anyway.

...

Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince tomorrow! I'm too excited I can't even fart.

No comments: