Monday, July 18, 2005

wars waged

We just finished our case study in supply chain management. We have to present it in class tomorrow. I can't believe we finished our third strategy in just 20 minutes over the phone. I really thought such thing was impossible. Romps was a wee bit too enthusiastic to do the case. He started it right after it was given to us. I mean who in their right (or lazy) mind would do such a thing? Anyway, most of my job was to provide ideas to create new strategies, check inconsistencies, and suggest other concepts. I will not get into details - and I suspect you don't want me too. After the report, I'll have my recitation in Ethics class. God help me.

I got home late earlier and found my mother on the rocking chair. She told me that sister bought me a key chain. She bought it in Canada after her exams, I guess. I was like, oh please! I'm not a 5-year-old to believe that blatant lie. I mean, come on. It was a bit normal back then when I was in grade school. But now, with all the necessary wars waged, I will even refrain from entertaining thoughts of my sister being all magnanimous to me.

Now they're chatting on the dining table. And I think they notice that I'm paying attention to their chit chat. I'm glad they're having that casual talk. It's not normal these days in this household. Mother and I also got some tea and sympathy moment at the dining table. I thought it was genuinely quite comforting.

I finished reading the first 11 chapters of the Half Blood Prince. I was reading 8 hours non-stop yesterday, except for the occasional water and snack breaks. It's definitely addicting. I am a bit of a slow reader I guess. I know someone who read the entire book in just 6 hours! If only I'm that fast, I wouldn't feel encumbered by the tons of readings Father David frequently throws at us. I actually read books 2 and 3 in just three days- So I guess I'm just trying to slow down to really get the feel of Half Blood Prince.

I still haven't submitted my Aegis (yearbook shitness up the hill) requirements. And I'm required to pay them 600 pesos on Wednesday. I can only work on Tuesday! Really, what kind of laborious things they do that justify their fines for being late? They prolly just bum around and wait for our stuff. They're not even done with encoding everything. And they're effin' "volunteers". 200 pesos per day late is way too much. So much for justifying my tardiness. Hehe!

I still have tons to read for Philo due tomorrow. I'll end here. I really need some serious help for tomorrow's grave endeavors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

enthusiastic.
Rather, I want it to be done as soon as possible, at least in my world. I don't let on but I am held accountable for things beyond classes and spreadsheets and internet labs. The sooner I finish "school things", the better I can get on with these others.
So there.