Friday, June 17, 2005

first blog entry

At last I'm free!

Once upon a time I was this quintessential introvert who hid himself deep down under his skin, defending himself from what he deemed as the mad mad world. But finally after 2 years of college, he doesn't care anymore. Haha!

So now, formal entry...

I just had the first three days of my final year in college. It's nice to see Ateneo again after the two months I spent working in a bank. I was really excited last Tuesday about going to school the following day! Yep, I spent the entire day on Tuesday doing the final touches on my deliverable for the bank, so my real first day was Wednesday.

Teachers seemed to be okay - I'd like to think they WILL be nice. We'll see.. Anyway it was refreshing to see familiar faces after 2 months worth of grueling OJT; friends and acquaintances, even teachers gave me a feeling of somehow being at home.

Hmm. New teachers. Luis David, Raul Rodrigues, Vene Rallonza. They all seem very promising except that the first one seems to be expecting a lot from students, including, according to some second-hand info, a knee-high compilation of readings. Good luck to me. He seems very unattached. Rallonza seems very err.. scatter-brain. Well, I mean she teaches but she tends to drift away from the topic to some headlines on some dailies. But she seems very refreshing. I think she values real independent thinking- unlike Dacanay, and all those teachers who want students to parrot the readings... Pay no heed as these observations resulted from a 3-day schmaltz in my would-be final year in college!

Be having a formsem tom for Celadon... 8 am. So 'til next time!

No comments: