Thursday, June 23, 2005

dripping and eventful night

I spent the long break reading the entire Guidon , blogs and news on the net. I more than persevered to do all these readings just to fill up the four-hour worth of break-time before project Management (PM) class. Anyway, I also got to try on of Rompee's handy puzzles. I think they call it Chinese puzzles. It was fun. I almost solved it lacking just one more maneuver. I want to buy some of those.

2 green teas (healthy kitchen) and a hotdog, then some more internet, then the hellish 4-hour break was finally be over!

I was looking forward to finish the rest of the day with the usual (i.e. boring) socializing and casual goodbyes, and ride back home. But no. Everything turned out to be more than the everyday oddities I at school!

PM started out with a more than my excessive blabbering with dear classmates. I thrived in spouting not-to-civil remarks on anyone's opinon at every second. That was more than weird. And, er.. refreshing. Mwahaha!

And then there was the ceremonious find-a-groupmate task for projects for the semester. Rache and I had a hard time finding a group.

The teacher was quite vexed about it. I was supposed to be on Nat's group (mostly gals) but I felt for Rache. I mean, she wouldn't want to be the only girl in Raffy's group. Yeah, she's that kind of girl. And it doesn't help that the group is full of guys from all boys school (generic awkward-and-weird-around-girls dorkiness). Lord God, forgive my misgivings.

We spent 10 minutes going on and on about which one of us should go to what group. Lord knows I didn't care at all. I did have the chance to work with both groups in the past. And rache was saying hello to reticence. She couldn't say no to the boys outright (she's such a lady) but I knew she wouldn't want to immerse himself in geeky boys' group. after an eon of futile and snotty deliberation, we finally decided: Rache in Nat's and me, unfortunately or otherwise - depending on my mood - in Raffy's group. It was grossly and unnecessarily stressful.

The lecture went on finally - after that oh-so-crucial point in our college lives. This time it went immaculately well. And Good Lord any self-respecting level-headed college student knows that MIS courses are generally vapid, pointless lectures, the kind that makes you want to throw random stuff at the teacher while he or she blabbers, just to make things interesting. In other words, it went quite interesting. Very surprising. I think we even discussed how to choose a project among many using tools- the NPV specifically. like Math. Like MIS can actually be interesting. I felt like that when the class finally ended. There is some good in the world after all.

And a bug bit me in the eye. It didn't leave any mark. But still, it was a BUG intruding in my physical existence. Wahaha! I even got to shout at a joke - despite it being the usual nerdy joke I hear on a daily basis (read: eyes-rolling but you laugh anyways). I went to the washroom hoping to wash my left eye. But another insect was there declaring my war with insectdom was not over yet. Cockcroach. I washed my eye fast and immediately jumped to the far far FAAAAR side of the washroom to assess my chances of beating The Evil Croach. Convinced that I wouldn't be able to kill the croach, I ran out of the washroom fast! I should really be awarded for that. I went to the classroom and prepared to leave for home.

But the heavens were a pain! It was pouring down hard. Flashes and Roars seemed like gods mocking us for not bringing umbrellas. But what choice did we poor peasants have? We got into a tric, quite luckily considering it was very late at night.

I was dripping when I got off. And, after some serious running, I arrived at the train station. But it was already closed! I was getting murderous at this point. But it wouldn't be productive to entertain cruel thoughts on random people. I had to ride a jeep. I expected that usual deafening boom-boom sound and the gaudy red and blue faux strobe lights inside. I almost grabbed a woman's face on exiting the jeep, mistaking woman's face for the handle on the sides of the jeep.

Then I was in my neighborhood safe and sound after the second jeepney-ride home.

I still haven't taken a shower. I'm now in front of my PC trying to make sense of what just happened. What was the universe trying to say? Clearly, it was an extraordinary and almost unfortunate day.

And then at home. News. Cousin came. My alleged sister shoved the bedroom door declaring her best feelings. Cousin left and didn't plan to comeback. Some more telenovela effects. And then she was like "Oh he left. I thought he'd be staying the night?". Some load of shit eh?

No comments: