Sunday, January 08, 2006

it's 2006!

I'm still having trouble about writing 2006 whenever I doodle down dates on my notes or journal. I guess it has something to do with my reluctance to this very rapid change happening in my life. Days from now, I'll be 21! This is not in my plan! Hehe! When I was ten, I was fantasizing about the story in the book of revelations; I imagined that the world would end in the year 2000- dying at the age of fifteen wasn't so bad I thought. Anyway, change is supposed to be good- well, generally good. It's supposed to make us grow and so on ad so forth. Hmph! A rather irksome first entry for the new year, but what the hell.

So, why the long hiatus? Well, my motherboard crashed again- yes, it's the third time now. Since the warranty has expired already, I convinced my mom to just buy a new one. I'm so proud that I was able to fix everything wihout any help from technicians or my cousin! I half-expected that I would fail installing the new motherboard, but with the help of the manual, and my rusty stockl-knowledge, I was able to connect every cables properly. Hehe! I'm so proud! It was friday when I fixed my pc- I feel that it's performing better with a new motherboard.

Oh! Thanks andz for your gift! Twas soooo cool! It was an audio novel- I'm clueless regarding the proper term- of Philip Pullman's Lyra's Oxford! My favourite author! The story was less than an hour though... was disappointed a bit. I think I will buy some more of these since it helps to augment my listening skills- yes, I'm not good at listening. This is but a plus though. My main intent is to finish novels faster since I'm also a slow reader. Hehe! Thanks Andz!

The usual tons of readings is on the study table. I'm inclined not to look at it. I still not in the mood of doing any homework- evidently enough, I'm in front of my beloved computer doing what-not's. Heh! Okay, okay, I'd be on it in an hour.

Happy New Year everyone! I'm not in the mood of serious doodling so sorry about the random stuff that came out. Must get serious this year...

No comments: