Friday, January 20, 2006

reading smarties

Seriously, it's no fun reading blogs of supposedly intelligent peeps. I 've been to some three of these blogs. They belong to some of Ateneo's well known peeps- debaters methinks. These lot of smarties have infested the blogosphere- is this even the proper word. Anyway, their blogs are pure obssessions about how pathetic this country is and how special they are. Okay, blogs may be about personal shit but I've never seen such height of vanity. Maybe they're special, but I don't see anything deep in their doodles. Maybe being smart is to pick on reality; not to get something special- more special than they are- out of their crticism. I'm inclined to think that these criticisms are a way of drawing something meaningful, but their rationale for their criticisms is not even close to something they really hold dear.

I guess I'm a reader who looks for a manifestation of the writer's deepest convictions- when it comes to some serious blogging. Until now, I've been too obsessed with smarties. I'm not fascinated with good debaters anymore, but I'm fascinated with the contents of their debates. I'm pro concern more than intelligence.

The world is too dumb for smart asses. They must leave it immediately.

2 comments:

kcreol said...

but could it also be possible that special people just don't seem the way they do and thus doodle a lot of nonsense in their blogs? or is that just applicable to reserve-smarts.. u know, the ones who are not really smart but have wisdom anyway... am i even making sense?

i like the last line of ur entry by the way... =)

Eric said...

Kaye! I know what you mean about smart peeps- nonsense all over their blog. But the blogs I browsed was no non-sense; real intellectual shit... it doesn't lead to anything important: either vanity or pure fancy. Get my drift? I'm not even talking about wisdom or anything of that sort. I'm talking about concern.