Wednesday, August 10, 2005

sabotage

Blogger got rid of my post last night. When I tried publishing it, blogger asked for my username and password again. Gaaah. I just have to re-type everything again I guess. Oh I'm in Faura lab right now. I'm the only one in the room so it's quite eerie. Hmm hmm hmm hmm! Ken's horror story got stuck in my head.

Two excerpt chapters and an entire book for Philo class. *BANG* the lab supervisor just made her entrance. Civilization at last. Let's get back on track. Yep, I read everything last Monday to Tuesday morning, with only 3 hours of sleep in between. That was due yesterday, just for one lecture! Readings were okay except that there were just a lot of them! Even if there's the weekend, can't he possibly imagine us living non-reading/non-school related lives?

Anywho, my entry last night was about the goings-on last weekend. Forgive my apathy about politics ladies and gentlemen.

-Friday. Went late for a GA for some ten minutes (I love the Dance Troupe), and a gang group thing for Kaingin. It was all okay except for the first. I just don't know most of them. And the gang group thing was a disaster! We were told to describe people in our gang. Stupid me ended up writing some flattering remarks for this certain someone. I shouldn't have written it! Must not draw attention.

- Went to Andie's after my first sabotage. Dug through her treasures of DVDs and finally got Devil's Advocate and The Godfather. It was raining heavily so I decided to stay some more hours. She tortured me with a classic film - literally black and white. Well, it was not so bad. The film was really funny, slapstick and the fast paced chit chat. And good Lord, all-American accent got me lost. I couldn't follow any dialogue.

She offered me an apple and honey snack half-way through watching the film, after I implied that I did not eat anything since the org stuff. How kind, I thought. Honey and apple seemed to be a great combination for a snack. But oh no! NO NO NO! The third slice of honey-coated apple chocked to death. I couldn't breath for some three minutes! And my dear friend just stood there handing me the mirror telling me how red I was while I choking to death. She was totally nonchalant about it. I eventually recovered. I finished a portion of the black and white movie, got the DVDs and left.

- Saturday afternoon was tutoring time. Everything was great except that we had to teach in cramped spaces. We taught the children their math and english lessons inside their houses. The kids were fine except for a few excessively timid ones. The Kaingin crowd was okay too. It's just that I still don't know most of them. I hope those kids did learn something from us.

-This is not another activity but I thought to write it down all the same. I didn't go to Romps's party. It was a good call because a certain dame whom I utterly detest was invited along with some more MIS peeps. And booze is not my kind of fun.

-Watched four movies. I am Sam(!), Patch Adams(!!), Devil's Advocate(!!!), The Godfather (oh yeah!). I was a bit annoyed that I didn't understand some of Don Carleon's murmured chit chats. He sounds like he's chewing words. Anyway, the movie was great. Corruption at its best. I am Sam was okay too but it's a bit mushy. Style was okay too. The mtv-like scenes with the lively music and the jerky camera were effective in capturing emotions. Patch Adams was a good flick too, though it borders on the same mushiness as I am Sam. I got a warm feeling after watching it. The Devil's Advocate and The Godfather were the ones that really tackles this corrupt world. They sure are two good movies.

Oh, sister passed her exams and would be leaving for a 5-year study/work in Canada. University of Toronto come this October I think. I would be left alone soon. We'll see if that would be a good thing for me. I think I've forgiven her already, not that I want to seem like I'm the victim in our long enduring war. I just that I think I'm okay with all that have happened between us. But I'm still as irked as before whenever she does what she wants despite others objecting.

Now I'm here in Faura Lab making some sense of what I just have written down. I'll be going to my dentist later. I hope she wouldn't debate me about GMA issue again. She gets too passionate and edgy whenever we do. She tends to jerk those dentist tools in my mouth whenever that happens.

2 comments:

andiepoo said...

Yay! I can see your entry now. :)

Oh, and in my defense.

Eric said...

Haha! Snack and the b&w movie was great- xcept for the choking part. But I half-imagined you grinning while I was choking to death...