Thursday, August 18, 2005

5th dimension mask

It's been quite a week. Beside the usual tons of readings for Philo class, I had 2 freakin' long tests and a report. Thank God, tomorrow's a holiday, which is such a nice break from the perpetual ordeal of schoolwork- which should be "school/work" really. It was fun listening to new ideas but some exams are just over the edge. Teachers often trivialize exams to the point where you just have to memorize stuff. Thank God, not all courses I'm taking are about our would-be profession. We can really learn something that applies to everyone, more than stupid data centers and microchips.

I really don't have something special to talk about right now. I mean most of my thoughts are in my notebook anyway. What's the point of writing them again? Is it for other people? Not to be rude, but people reading others' stuff frequently have a notion that they know the writer, with just his words. But come on! This is just how I want to seem in this specific mode of existence.

...

Someone is exuding negativity. I really have had enough of this kid who feels as if he's a victim of the world. Come on, grow up you, you, you pesky little urchin! It was really unnerving talking to you. I mean, you actually look older than me, although you're still probably in your teens. If you happen to breeze through this part, forgive me for describing you in such scant words. It's just that I have had the same experience back in high school. And you're achingly getting into my nerves.

Things to look forward - or to dread - this weekend and next week. Tutoring, 1 movie, Philo paper results, ISA, POS exam results(!), real start of PM project.

Oh! I'm about to finish Rendezvous with Rama c/o Andie and Celestine Prophecy. Rama is way more fascinating than other sci-fi stuff. Must finish both by tomorrow. Jane Eyre will be up after these two, but I guess I'd begin by September. A lot of readings for Philo and other school stuff in queue - exams, projects, papers, exams again. This is absolute injustice.

Ha.. I just need something to push me to write whenever I'm in a let's-step-back-and-look-at-our-lives mood, when I really have something important to say. Or maybe this is another mask I want to wear. Or both. This mask thing really got into me after the lecture on hypocrisy in Philo class.

1 comment:

andiepoo said...

Re: you have a face for everyone. Exactly why you shouldn't give your blog URL away. ;) You're bound to hate some of these people someday and you won't be able to talk about it. Then, you'll have to deceive yourself, too.