Friday, August 17, 2007

what's a "job" on networking?

It turns out that the company I'm supposed to apply for was about "networking". I don't know the exact terminology for this one, but it's "very scam-able" in the Philippines. lol! I think it's essentially about earning by recruiting people- and you've got to pay to join. I think it's called "pyramiding" in this portion of the third world.

The hr rep was very particular that they were looking for "business partners" not employees. He said this after I mildly berated him over the phone about how he wasn't very good at explaining the kind of job people they're recruiting were suposed to fill. After learning from Ka that the company's about networking, I SMSed the hr rep about how I wasn't interested in such type of "profession" (yes we need those quotation marks). I lied saying that I would be attending another interview for a more clear-cut kind of employment (as a research assistant) later this afternoon instead.

Uck. And that intriguing Senate Inquiries in school later today was cancelled because people wouldn't be in school. Classes have been cancelled for three days already due to storms. I swear, people should stop praying for rain.

No comments: