Saturday, December 17, 2005

what went wrong

And no smart ass, it's not about my right arm! Apparently, Andz made it sure that my "dislocation"- as most people I know put it- be known to anyone who read her blog; I don't need to any elaboration. Indeed, I'm famous now for my major klutziness. Ugh, it was really embarassing. Why did I have to go through such a grand fiasco before graduation?! When Jen heard of the guy who got his arm dislocated, She thought the guy was stupid. Two days later I explained everything to her. She concluded that indeed I was being clumsy. Anyway, Thanks the Jollibee people, Sir San Andres (!), to the government emergency people, and to Andz. Super thanks Andz! Thanks to the peeps who worried- or made it seem like they were. Thanks very much!

Ha! I quit wearing the arm sling yesterday because it was attracting too much attention. I was repeating the same story everytime someone asked- sometimes I would gladly add some more drama or comedy just to make "my dislocation" more surreal. It was really frustrating. I took the sling off yesterday- it still hurts a bit though. I'm really having trouble extending my arm sideward and forward. Believe it or not, I'm totally frightened about it falling off my shoulder- I guess the doctor really got into my head.

My arm really got in the way of my schedule too! I was supposed to take our philo exam that (fateful) tuesday when I got this arm popped out of its socket! Because I had to take the exam on wednesday night, I didn't have enough time to study for our history long test! Sana pasado ako!!!

Well now, my right arm is worth three paragraphs. Moving on, the title is of course under the presumption that I've been doing well. I want to talk about friendship. I realize that I'm missing so much happenings to one of my best friend's life. It really frustrates me because for a long time I've (We've) been sort of ignoring him; Ka, Ken, and I have distinct courses but we made sure that from time to time we talk to each other- I mean real talk. I want to think of this as, you know, growth but the more I think of it, the more I'm convinced that the rift is slowly becoming a genuine separation.His blog was about his exacerbated introversion. Back in high school, he wasn't like this at all. He was comfortable with people, especially with us. Maybe I thought he was. I'm led inoto thinking that perhaps it wall of my idea of him: a friend who would always be there like the rest of close friends in highschool. Mabye I was wrong in believing such things; I haven't been working on it. I'm moving beyond Citizen Kane. That's good right?

Friendships need to be worked on- and I perfectly know that. But what do I do when old buds close up on me on the basis of things they don't even want to disclose? This is really hard. A lot more harder with new friends actually- well maybe as hard as those new friends who perpetually tries to expose your insecurities and weaknesses for the sake of their own entertainment. I was like that though, I was bitter- I welcome them to my life though. I'm definitely a newbie when it comes to old friendships being torn assunder.

Time really changes. That WAS a fact for me until now; I am experiencing this change that had been very elusive. I'm so uncertain about almost everything now. Really really wierd stage of my life. The one thing I'm sure though is that I'm welcoming most of these changes- the minor ones at least- and putting my defense down a bit.

I can't believe 2005 is almost over. I'm turning 21 next year- the age I'm dreading; and the era after graduation. Kill me now for counting the days left for school; I will definitely miss Ateneo. Well, all of these are but under the assumption that I will graduate in time.

No comments: