Sunday, December 18, 2005

the ramans do everything in threes

Death. How do you comfort someone who loses a loved one. What do you say? Our lot has been immersed in this life completely clueless as to why. Then we got to have loved ones... then lose them. The old men say it's just the way things are or that there's reason for everything and what not's. But do we just accept them? To be honest, I'm completely clueless. I don't think I can adjust with a loss. What comfort can cover up the hole in another soul? What do you do when a part of you dies? What exactly do those happy people hold dear that enables them to continue their lives. I may know a bit of what to hold onto but I don't think I can continue living my life without the people I love.

I don't know. I dont have a clue. The wise men say the key to things like this lies in our actions. So, it may be a comfort to know that there's a way of overcoming the harshness of this life- that there's something that makes us hold on to it- it's just that we can't know it until it happens to us. Until then, we continue walking our own roads with the people we love. We persist not knowing exactly why. In my case, it's because there's people to care about- my dreams are a plus but their not really among those important things that motivates me. It's that wierd stuff that makes you see life in its grandest colors.

Until lately, what I've been thinkning most is about myself. I've been so preoccupied with how will I be, with how sorry I am for myself, with how this life seems completely meaningless. Mabye it's not exactly about ourselves, maybe it's about other people being a gift to us, of this short life being something wonderful... even for a moment. Maybe we're missing the point thinking that what's more to this life is the stuff that will make everything meaningful. There's that wierd movement of this life's theme that motivates us to cling on to it- to other peeps to be precise.

2 comments:

andiepoo said...

Right. Why do you have a Rendezvous title?

Eric said...

exactly.