Saturday, April 14, 2007

ultra relieved!

So the grades came out yesterday. Mine averaged at 3.0, not including the part one of my thesis course, which is * (will work on it this summer). I felt ultra relieved. After November's depress-depressan incident, a cascade of mishaps followed: the fake wars with groupmates, ego-deflating incidents, frequent 20-minute lates every 730 class, etc. etc. I thought this sem's grade would ultimately reflect my failure to gear up. So this is more than ok. And, since I didn't work my ass off this semester- possibly because of the depression from the stupid 0.05 missing last 1st semester (in addition to the ones mentioned above)- I feel great!

(This is getting frustrating. I'm not really a grade conscious person, who thinks that A's should define the good student, etc. etc. No, I'm not that. But the world thinks that way, and I'm playing its game. I might as well subject myself to this rather damaging environment to get what I'm really after.)

But more importantly, I got a B in his class! And, that's a bit rare, well, less rarer that an A or a B+, but still rare- I worked my ass off last last semester and he only gave me a C+! I couldn't believe The B at first, so I cross-checked between his records and mine. They matched! I was so happy! The class only had seven people who got C+'s or higher, one A and one or two B+'s and then two B's I think. He's really strict, which is both cool and irritating ( A classmate late afternoon yesterday ontimated how one of his essays were marked "yours ideas can't go further"). I mean, I both look up to and detest him, so I'm glad I'm 'technically' good in his class.

3 comments:

chrissie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chrissie said...

Congrats on getting good grades and getting a B from your strict prof!!! :)

Eric said...

Thanks! Ano nang nangyayari sayo? Update your blog. How's the summer before law school? Hehe!