Sunday, January 21, 2007

paranoia-inducing socialization 2

Yesterday could qualify as one of the longest days of my life. But this entry is not about that. It's about one of those all-consuming female viciousness, of bitches as group mates. Oh, yes. It was back in high school for these girls baybeh, where claws are poised to claw out my eyes and my sharp tongue ready to strike. But there's no time for the latter. They simply are in my way. My second round shouldn't have been about dealing with such people.

I prefer to be confronted with whatever people want to say- in-your-face style. I feel so bad when people get to you by mere actions, backstabbing or, as it is in my group, dynamics. It's so fucked up and so high school. Ugh! One of them even makes a point to make you feel that it's all your fault. Why can't everyone agree that the end of the group work is not their already inflated egos (nor mine, but they argue otherwise), but something greater that we all contributed to attain?! Why can't people settle things by talking? My sister told me this is civilization. I agree. People are being backward.

So, yeah. Ironically, I shut up. Perhaps it's hypocrisy. But it's my prerogative to remain silent. They have a problem with me, not me with them. They should confront me- though I would probably start my famous ego deflating sermons when they do. It seems that every time there's something like this happening within immediate environment I withdraw. At the very least, "people" in "my world" excludes them. I shut up. And, what do you know? "The" world continues to function.

No comments: