Thursday, June 15, 2006

freude! freude!

Yeah, I've been obsessing about classical music lately- I even read up on them. Imagine, an actual phase. I had this phase before, albeit milder. I ended up downloading lots of classical music. It's happening again. Yes, I'm bored- at last! I never had a week's time to think things through. Being bored is good because you reali- never mind. I never had this week despite 3-month's time of vacation. Ooh, I finally found the source of "Joyful Joyful" christian music! Lauryn Hill sang a pop version of it in Sister Act 2! Ha! An excerpt from Beethoven's 9th symphony:

Freude trinken alle Wesen
An den Brüsten der Natur;
Alle Guten, alle Bösen
Folgen ihrer Rosenspur.
Küsse gab sie uns und Reben,
Einen Freund, geprüft im Tod;
Wollust ward dem Wurm gegeben,
Und der Cherub steht vor Gott.

Go figure. Not much goings-on on the physical plane; I'm still brooding about my schedule, if you can even call it that. School starts on munday. Hopefully, hell won't follow. I'm looking forward to my classes, despite their incredibly bad timeslots. Three months worth of vacation revived me indeed! Thanks to Mom and Dad and friends! Okay, that was dorky.

Now, about Celadon's formsem last saturday, I'd rather not say much. The program was generally okay but people weren't that great. It was high school all over again and I was Michel Foucault! I had this awful moment with a room mate to whom I divulged my disgust to drinking. Never mind, I'm sure he realized I was exaggerating. Hopefully he didn't end up realizing that I was the odd one out- and that I'm ultimately a social retard! Well, that's not much of a secret anyway so I'll be fine. There was a lot of new peeps. I'm really glad that most of them were worth my time- imagine that, "worth my time!". The pool was also great, we ended up with wrinkled fingers. Oh, and a lot of plastered smiles but I don't get flustered by them easily these days.

About work, I'm definitely getting one next sem! My sched this sem's beyond abnormality that I can't secure either a day or a night job.

2 comments:

andiepoo said...

I don't understand 'beyond abnormality.' (Maybe it's because I've been around people claiming to be abnormal for a long time.) Could you post your sched?

andiepoo said...

Update! Update!