Friday, March 31, 2006

the house is half-empty

No, this is not about pessimism- I'm not even sure if I get that right. They're emptying the house once again. I thought the ones they moved to the other house last year were the last. I was apparently mistaken. Yesterday, they moved the dining table and my cabinet. I have used them since I can remember, now they’re gone. They got me a new one, a cold metal cabinet. They still haven’t bought a new dining table. It doesn’t feel like I’m home anymore, I feel like a dormer. It was awkward enough to walk into a vacant space. Calling it a living room seems absurd even with the T.V. on. The house seems bigger though.

Prospects on getting out of the country are bleak, I guess. That leaves me looking for work. I should earn my allowance for the next school year come this June. Independence day (read Aguinaldo’s June 12) comes after the First Salary.

On other news, Graduation happened last Friday (March 24). The speeches were too expected to get into me. MVP made it a point that half the graduates would nod to sleep after his speech. He was successful on that part though. I didn’t doze, I was counting how many companies he mentioned he owns. I was half-priming to get all cathartic before the graduation. It didn’t happen though. I was at a lost getting out of the mob, trying to get to the parents’ seats. I tried my best to get emotional hugging people I became friends with. I didn’t feel any loss. I want to believe that I’m just shocked about the entire thing.

I went to Celadon’s year ender party. It was cool. Mattel, who was the only Celadon alumni I’m friends with, came, but only for some 30 minutes. The fashion show was dramatic! Never in my life have I beheld a model perfectly simulating a dead body with unblinking eyes. Oh, and someone got drunk. I wonder if he died that night. Luckily enough, I didn’t break his cocktail-bowl (oh, educate me). I wouldn’t have to worry about ghosts terrorizing me. Believe me, this is not mean.

Blue Roast took place the day before graduation- or was it Wednesday? It was okay, I guess. I was with a brat the entire time (kidding!). All the time I was trying my best to be friendly- I ate up most of the chocolates at home to prepare. It didn’t pay off at the end of the day though. It was a bit disappointing not to see people I’ve been closest with. Fireworks were fantastic and I even had my picture taken with Father Nebres though.

My social life- oh yes I used to have a healthy one- is definitely going down hill. The night out we’ve been organizing for my high school clique (oh, sue me) this Saturday is not going pretty at all. Confirmed attendance: 5. I tried joining a reading group- a social theories group- but I opted not to attend the first meeting earlier at 9 pm. Dorkiness is needed for nerdiness come this June. Besides, I want to feel not so stupid.

1 comment:

andiepoo said...

You may not know it, but I've actually been frequenting your site, alright? So update already! :D