Saturday, January 12, 2008

bear your torch dear sakyans

God it's been almost 6 years since highschool. I wonder how everybody would look like. Batch 70-something is hosting this sunday's alumni homecoming. I hope a lot from our batch will come. Seriously, a good 3 years ago, I would've been the first person to dismiss this idea. I was odd ball in highschool and I never liked most of my batchmates anyway. Probably my overbearingly friendly friends these days have rubbed off some fo their sociability to me. Things don't look good though, only a handful from our batch have confirmed their attendance. O shit, I don't have a success story. Think Romeo and Michelle! Think Romeo and Michelle! Pressure. I was told that some of my batch mates are earning 30k pesos and up (and that's really something only two years after college in this part of the third world) and to make things worse, some of them have their own businesses already. Ugh. I'm not particulary a let's-go-after-personal-glory type of person, but jeez with this social panopticon I can't help but be stressed about my unemployment. Anyway, I should focus on the good things. Imagine their success stories (those odd geeks now succesful)! Imagine how those cool highschool bullies turn out as fat and ugly dads of one or two children! Lol! (I actually feel bad for some of them... err only slightly. : )

Ooh, and I'm getting a pair of glasses tomorrow. I'm quite excited in taking nerdy look a step further. Whatever. I never thought I would wear eye glasses. I had such perfect vision. I could read everything from top to bottom of that E chart or eye chart (what do they call them anyway). I could even read the smallest of the letters back in the hay day (my God! there's actually such a thing at this age. Scary scary.). Tons of reading and computer hours back in college must have done this. Shit, I should get my student insurance- which pratically no one I know knows!

I'm still looking for a job. I've applied to some but they seem to ignore me. Hmm, must try to work harder. Someone give me a job, please!

No comments: