Wednesday, February 07, 2007

resilience

My problem is that I keep on forgetting the reason why I am here at this point in my life. I know I choose this. I choose this because of some end most people would describe ridiculous. For a time, I was lost. School keeps breaking my soul, and people keep breaking my heart- people I barely know. I was attached, too attached, I say, to this point in my life. I keep on forgetting that this is just temporary. Of course, grades didn't help, and so do "friends " who are stuck in this glaring "reality" of college life. It's always difficult to point at something people can't see; where all there is to them is really how to understand themselves, the world, and how they fit in that world. I was stuck in that world too for a long while. It was hard to convince myself that there's something more everytime I see people killing themselves just to appropriate themselves with this reality. It was never my intention, in pursuing what I really want, to get a hold of a reality or an identity that will suit me, especially if this is because of some external arrangement of the world that I appropriate for myself. It was my intention to get at a real end, something beyond me (despite proofs that it seems impossible).

These past few weeks were difficult. I was trapped. But there's hope, always I think. There's this inner calm that reminds me of what my entire being is really after; that I'm not at all lost if this calm takes a hold of me. I wasn't myself. I think I'm back now.

4 comments:

andiepoo said...

Ah! Well, if anything, my week's been crap as well, but reading your post has made me feel a bit better. :)

Hang in there! And I'm coming over again this weekend, and if you're free to rant, I want to hear specifics. ^^

Eric said...

Hehe! Tell me earlier next time so we can schedule a lunch or something!

chrissie said...

do not let anything discourage you...ever. you are a great person, both inside and out. you're one of the smartest yet funniest people i've ever met in admu...and like i said before, ikaw ang pinaputing version ni james yap! hahaha!!! =D but seriously..screw everyone who's trying to bring you down..they are not worthy of even a second of your precious time and thought. :p

Eric said...

Buwahaha! Joke na toh. But, seriously, super thanks.