Wednesday, October 25, 2006

i'm still alive!

Sem break didn't start until last munday when I submitted the final exam for IL. But, by saturday, when Sir Gascon shocked us that the second part of the exam would be 5 sets of take-home essays, I was already on my sem break mode. I sneaked past the homework to watch The Banquet with Mariel- who had been the nicest person I got to know last sem (no bola involved)!

By munday, after passing the take home exam, I bumped into Chrissie at Jollibee. We made some chit chat then I flew to SS again to finalize my advisement- only to find that ate Mel was on leave. So poor me waited at the foyer for my 2pm GA at ACED. Luckily, Ron (my IL classmate), and AJ and Joan (Celadon peeps) were there for some more chitchat. Then the GA. I found out that I wouldn't be able to join the Tarlac thing. Boo. Joel told me initially that I can go but I would have to share a room and sleep at the floor. I was okay with that arrangement but they decided that only one volunteer can go. Anyway, volunteers were a happy bunch when left alone thinking about the fund raising project. After the GA, I ran to the train to hurry to Ken's. HS people were there for movies and chitchats.

Munday was kind of a The Alchemist day. It seemed like the world was actually talking to me. I got quite freaked out that night thinking about what happened during the day. All the chitchats seem to point to the same direction. It really freaked me out, to say the least. The universe was saying I'm headed for the end I'm gearing for- which I terribly want- while showing me things I would definitely lose. Anyway, the more important thing is that the sem is over. I just hope I did okay with all the courses. I couldn't help but blame free loaders who happened to be some of my groupmates- ibang level na katamaran talaga! I'm thankful though that I got to meet wonderful people along with them.

...

About The Banquet. Each scene in the movie was wallpaper-like quality, as how Mariel put it- but the storyline was too expected. Only the pictures and costumes were great. It was kind of like the asian version of Elizabeth, except that the Banquet has all the kung-fu people flying everywhere and the confrontation between that characters' real motives in the second-to-the-last scene. Also, Ziyi wasn't able to convey the tension and confusion happening inside her; that at the last scene her revelation of her confusion was a bit of a stupid shock. Also, plotting and calculations by all those sneaky noblemen weren't built up properly- the audience burst into laughter when this was shown.

The more important question is, why the hell did they have to kill the empress at the end? Was it supposed to be poetic that her killer wasn't revealed?! It was awkward unlike the really poetic jump of Ziyi in Crouching Tiger. Well, that's just me.

4 comments:

chrissie said...

Wow! Special mention ako sa post na 'to! Wahaha! =D

Loka ka talaga...sabi mo mag-llib ka. Inantay kaya kta dun..joke. Loser eh, noh? Pero seriously, I was expecting to see you there. Hmpht!

Aww too bad di ka na makakasama sa Tarlac. Super excited ka pa naman nung kinukwento mo sakin un. AT(!) hindi mo na makukuhanan ng autograph si Mikee Cojuangco!!! :(

Pero don't worry, just look at it more resting time for you before the next sem makes its way to your brain to devour it once again. :)

Eric said...

Really, what's with the Mikee Cojuangco thing? I still sleep late during sembreak. Tarlac could've been a good way to make better use of my energy. hehe!

andiepoo said...

You're headed in the right direction; I'm happy for you! You saw Daniel Wu; I'm happy for you! ^________^

chrissie said...

Looks like I'm not the only one who's too busy to blog. Hehehe. :p